5. Venice, Italy: My memories of Venice are filled with beauty--eating good food, laughing with friends, and getting lost among the bridges, alleyways and canals of this colorful city on the water.
4. Glasgow, Scotland: I lucked out and visited Scotland during a weekend where sunshine filled the skies. Our day spent at Loch Lomond was one of the most relaxing and lovely days. I couldn't get over the expansive and rolling green hills set against the looming and ominous loch. Our meal of juicy stewed lamb and berry crumble at Balloch House was icing on the cake.
3. Paris, France: So, Paris. It's kind of hard to leave this one off the last. I spent no more than 3 days in Paris with 3 girlfriends. We literally frolicked our way through the city, seeing just about every major landmark and eating a crepe at every stop along the way.
2. Sevilla, Spain: As if the stunning, jaw-dropping flamenco show on my first night in Sevilla wasn't enough to steal my heart, my love for this colorful, warm city exploded during the day I just wandered around and took it all in. The highlight was stumbling across this lone, humble guitar player playing the most beautiful music. I still remember the tune.
1. Amman, Jordan: You may be surprised to see a Middle-Eastern country as the "loveliest" place I've visited, but Amman holds such a special place in my heart. I traveled here from Jerusalem which is a country filled with hostility and coming to Jordan felt like entering a beacon of hope with people who are proud of their country and eager to show you a level of kindness and hospitality you'd be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.
Top photo via
All other photos c/o FEST